For Science Managers
Science management is by now an important part in the organisation of scientific projects. Being a successful scientific manager requires a various set of skills that needs to be extended and refined constantly. CESSMA, through its network of project managers, supports science managers by
- being a central contact point for German science managers in the Earth system sciences.
- transferring knowledge from experienced to new science managers .
- creating opportunities to exchange and develop best practices for routine tasks (meetings, reporting, data management).
- creating training options specifically tailored to the needs of scientific managers.
- offering individual case consulting.
- addressing common problems to funding agencies and scientists.
- lobbying for the importance of scientific management.